2007 vs 2008
by Rebecca on 2008-07-06
The 4th of July has been an important day in our relationship, since
William and I got engaged on July 4, 2007. I thought it might be appropriate a
year later to point out similarities and differences.
- We ate lunch with my family at the Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas.
- We hung out at Mark and Monicaʼs house.
- We ate dinner at Chiliʼs.
- I started feeling really sick, so we stayed home and watched Galaxy Quest.
(For those of you who werenʼt around during this most unpleasant
episode in my life, I had come down with a particularly nasty case of mono,
and this was the first day that I felt truly and absolutely awful.)
- William dragged me to watch fireworks from a nearby parking garage and
proposed to me. By then, my fever had reached probably 102 or 103.
- We ate lunch with my family at the Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas. (I very
much support the idea of this becoming an annual Allen family get-together!)
- We drove to Waco and hung out at the Jacksonsʼ empty house, while
they all went to see Wall-E.
- We ate dinner at the Jacksons.
- We watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with the Jacksons. I
felt absolutely fine.
- Larry took us to the parking lot of a hotel in downtown Waco to watch the
fireworks with hundreds of other people. And as we watched the fireworks, I
looked at William and once again thought, “What a difference a year
makes” and was thankful.