Things I Love About Emily
by Rebecca on 2009-09-02
Emily just passed the three-week mark on Monday. Time flies! Iʼm settling
into my new role of stay-at-home mom, but it has been an adjustment, to be sure.
Itʼs a good thing that Emily is a pretty easy baby, most of the time. One
of the shower gifts that I got was a baby book, but I havenʼt done a
single thing to update it. But there are things that I want to remember about
her at this tiny, fresh baby stage, so Iʼll just put them here.
- Her eyes are so blue and shiny. She has pale eyelashes and eyebrows that are
really hard to see, except in good light.
- When sheʼs hungry, she holds out her right arm in a way that makes it
look like sheʼs beseeching someone, anyone, to feed her, kind of like
a gesture Charlton Heston would make. I think itʼs really funny.
- When we bathe her and dry her hair just right, it sticks straight up and
stays up until the next time we wash it. I really need to get a picture of
- When sheʼs falling asleep, she makes the funniest faces ranging from
frowns to smiles to perfectly round little lips. And sometimes her eyes open
and shut randomly.
- She seems to prefer being naked. Uh oh.
- Her cries sound just like sheʼs saying, “Waaa. Waaa.
Waaa.” I know, thatʼs a dumb thing to say, but it really does
sound just like that.
- When sheʼs thinking hard, her forehead crinkles up like an old
- Weʼve been forced to supplement her feedings with formula, and when
she finishes a bottle, she looks like sheʼs in a coma. “Man,
that was good!” is what she seems to be thinking as she settles in for
a long nap.
And to commemorate three weeks, I put her in her first 0-3 month outfit today.
What do you think?